please provide the two responses in 75 to 100 words for below discussion posts
Nowadays internet is growing very fast and more collaboration services are added to the internet like online payment, online data storage, social apps, and many more so everybody from the home user to a big organization is looking for secure data storage because cyber threats are growing increasingly. Cybercriminals plan strategies for data tempting by accessing the company’s private network after that asks money to save the organizational data, also this is not with a single company, but it is with any home user to any organization. “Although almost all cloud vendors claim that their clouds are safe, security concerns are still raised widely among cloud users” (Chen, Sharieh & Blainey, 2018). To Save from this hassle a business owner can devise the SECaaS i.e. Security as a Service.
SECaaS is based on cloud base platform where a user can save its all data over the cloud and can access it from anywhere in the world, also it is more secured than other platforms like to save locally. Nowadays CIO and CTO of the organizations having the preference for security as a service because of many reasons like cost-effective, easy to use, protection against new threats, Auto-updates and customizations, and many more. “Driven by the advances in sensing, processing, storage, and cloud technologies, sensor deployments are pervasive, and thus an increasing amount of information is available to devices in the Internet of Things (IoT)” (Chen & Zhu,2017). Some of them we will discuss below:
Cost-Effective: There is no special manpower is required to move data from one server to another and vice versa also it saves time as well while doing movement of data.
Ease of Use: There is no specialized training is required for any home user to any organizational IT also it is available to access instantly.
Save from latest cyber threats: As it is always up to date so a business owner can be stress-free as it can tackle to latest cyber threats as well.
Disaster Management: In event of a disaster your data will be saved on the cloud and security as a service ensures the same.
User Authentication & Encryption: This service is based on user authentication with the user’s password for access the data saved is encrypted as well. There are several reasons to choose security as a service.
Flexibility: These offer the particular service you want to choose for your organization instead of a whole package.
Availability: Your data is available 24x7x365 days without any issues. “In the Security-as-a-service model the focus is on security delivered as cloud services; i.e. security provided through the cloud instead of on-premise security solutions” (Sharma, Dhote, & Potey, 2016).
Report:- SECaaS is having the reporting management where you can check the significant security events, attack logs, and other significant data.
TCO:- Total cost of ownership helps to share the results between the traditional following method and new platform i.e. security as a service. Also along with this user can same the time by accessing the content even the user is sitting in any part of the world and last you will find the lower TCO while adapting SECaaS.
“Security as a service (SECaaS) is an outsourced service wherein an outside company handles and manages your security”. (Brook, 2018). In the fundamental way, using anti-virus sound over the Internet is the best definition of security as a service. Security as a service no more offers security solutions centrally, where the IT department installs the virus detection software, spam filtering software and other security tools on each computer or network or server, upgrades the software or advises us to use it. The old way to do it is pricey as well. Hardware expenses and licensing costs continue to allow us to use the app. Instead, security as a service helps us to use only a web browser tool to make it direct and cost-effective.
For certain businesses, the security competence deficit is an urgent challenge and in-house protection practitioners have to be able to take their time on the most important business activities. By defining tasks that SECaaS or managed security services (MSS) suppliers can handle, such as program setup, repair, and disaster recovery, companies can prioritize their available time and resources.
In the past, the dominant assumption was that protection could be triggered and left to work, so a big security force wasn’t really necessary. But with the growth of the danger scene and the acceptance of cybersecurity as a continuously evolving war against ever more advanced cyber criminals, this mentality has changed. Companies need to determine whether they need to recruit more protection practitioners-a battle in a very competitive and skilful industry-or whether they need technologies and services. (Byrne, 2018).
Security as a service has many advantages. The most evident is that it includes a web interface to administer the business. It supports ongoing updates and helps outsource manual functions, such as log management. The need for expensive technology consultants and researchers may also be bypassed by using a cloud based security product. SECaaS providers are heavily dependent on their on-going defense and records are continually updated to provide up-to – date security coverage. This also eliminates the problem, instead of integrating all elements into a management scheme, that of providing different infrastructures. Yet SECaaS provides far more security experience, in addition to being an effective means of saving money and time than normally possible within an enterprise. (Panda, 2016).
The use of security as a service has many benefits. Those are:
1. People are working with the most updated and best available security software. To be accurate and useful, anti-virus software must work with the current descriptions of the virus so that risks can be stuffed out and with the latest. People always use software that have the newest risks and options modified with security as a service. This does not mean that the customers should not upgrade their anti-virus software and keep other applications up to date and make sure we use the new security updates. The same is true with email filtering upgrade and repair.
2. We have the right protection staff to work with us. IT security professionals are at our service and may have more expertise and ability than anyone on our IT squad.
3. Faster production. The beauty of the services is that we are able to provide our customers with immediate access to these resources. On request, SECaaS deals are presented so that we can measure up or down as desired and do so with agility and speed.
4. Employees should concentrate on the organisation’s most critical issues. Using a web interface or a management dashboard, it’s easier to administer and regulate our own IT team ‘s security processes in our business.
5. Allows management in-house smoother. It is not enough to keep data secure if we have secured data. We should be mindful whether a customer accesses this information when he or she has no clear business intent.
6. Cost reductions. No hardware or software licensing needs to be purchased or paid for. Instead, it is possible to substitute upfront capital at a discount rate relative to upside costs with contingent operating expenses.
7. Protection against cyber-attacks and threats. Hackers are actively designing ransomware and cyberattacking tactics. With cyber security professionals developing strategies for existing cyber challenges, cyber criminals are increasingly designing new and creative ways to escape detection and penetrate business networks effectively in stealing their data. Therefore, good cyber defense strategies should be good at adapting not only to the current established cyber threats; they should also be able to detect and counteract new threats and emerging threats. We are not only shielded from current threats by outsourcing to an SECaaS provider; we are also protected from new threats. The security company works to be completely mindful of any new risks to cybersecurity. Our provider also guarantees the complete configuration of the network security system to defend against novel cyber-attacks. (Elliott,2020).