Common Assignment Requirements
The purpose of this assignment is to demonstrate your comprehension of project management (PM) methodology and tools integration in context of the project management office (PMO) and the PMO competency continuum. To satisfy this objective, address the following assignment key elements:
- In your own words including scholarly reference support,
- Define the constructs of PM methodologies and PM tools
- Describe the distinction between these constructs in context of the PMO.
- Relate the integration of PM methodologies and tools to the stages of the PMO competency continuum.
- Based on Van Der Linde and Steyn’s (2016) module 1 case study The effect of a project management office on project and organisational performance: A case study (Links to an external site.):
- summarize how the integration of PM methodologies enables the PMO to achieve its purpose
- while recognizing ethical considerations and
- challenges unique to an international PMO.
Option #1: PMO Methods Tools Essay
For the assignment Option #1, write an essay to address the Module 2 Common Assignment Requirements.
Submit your Module 2 Critical Thinking assignment as a single Microsoft Word document to the submissions area established for this purpose.
Your essay should address the following requirements:
- Your well-written PMO recommendation essay thesis should be 5 pages in length, which does not include the title, reference, or appendix pages. You need to add headings and subheadings associated with each of the bullet points listed in the common assignment requirements.
- Format your paper per the C (Links to an external site.)SU Global Writing Center (Links to an external site.), which includes an introduction and conclusion.
- Include title and reference pages.
- In addition to your course textbook and the assignment case study, cite at least four current (published within the past 5 years) scholarly resources (peer-reviewed, official governmental reports, and other scholarly sources) to support your suppositions, assertions, and conclusions. To enhance your learning experience, scholarly resources are available from the CSU Global library.
- Include an appendix for tables and figures as appropriate.
Please write clearly, concisely, and cohesively; use section level headers to organize the key elements of your thesis.
Consult the assignment template (Links to an external site.) for a more complete list of requirements. If you need assistance with your writing style or you need writing tips or tutorials, visit the CSU Global Writing Center (Links to an external site.).