Unit 9 Assignment: Ethical Leadership and Cultural Competence in a Healthcare Setting
Unit Outcomes addressed in this Assignment:
- Define and discuss the role of organizational culture in both the strategic management of human resources and the attainment of organizational goals/ objectives.
- Understand how healthcare executives might develop strong cultures that support organizational goals, match the organizational strategy to the culture, and relate cultural values to such human resource functions as selection, orientation, onboarding, training, performance appraisal, and compensation.
- Describe the environmental factors that affect the economic performance of medical practices and discuss the impact of those factors on physicians’ relationships with healthcare organizations.
- Define three distinct populations of physicians, describe how they differ, and discuss specific approaches to creating better economic alignment between the physicians in each population and the hospital(s) with which they are associated.
HA255-1: Assess the effectiveness of human resource management in the healthcare setting.
- Please complete all parts in a Microsoft Word document.
- The body of your document should be at least 1000 words in length.
- Quoting should be less than 10% of the entire paper. Paraphrasing is necessary.
- Students must cite and reference at least 4 credible sources from the Library.
Imagine that you are an administrator for a large hospital. You have been asked to develop a diversity awareness training program for employees of the facility. Please follow the instructions below in completion of this multi-part assignment.
Appraise two theories on organizational culture that relates to healthcare. Provide a complete paragraph for each of the two theories on organization culture that you selected to appraise.
Select the theory that you find most relevant, and justify your decision by reflecting upon how you would foster culture within a department you lead. Provide a reflection paragraph that includes your justification of the most relevant theory, along with your ideas for fostering culture within a department.
You will demonstrate cultural competence and self-awareness by investigating two minority, marginalized, or vulnerable populations that have potential issues with healthcare quality, cost and access. Appraise the possible assumptions, biases, and stereotypes that they may encounter, and critique the relationship between these challenges and healthcare quality, cost, and access. Provide a complete paragraph for each of the two minority, marginalized, or vulnerable populations that you selected to investigate.
Additionally, provide a reflective summary paragraph in which you judge your own self-awareness of cultural competence/diversity.
Develop a diversity awareness training program for health professionals. Your training program should articulate the need for diversity awareness and educate the workforce on best practices in healthcare. The program must cover diversity issues related to age, race, sexual orientation, education, work experience, geographic location, and disability. Your diversity awareness training program must include a minimum of ten lesson titles with an overview and purpose for each lesson. This information should be presented in an outline format.
Lesson Purpose (Two to three sentences)
Lesson Overview (Three to five sentence)
In your diversity awareness training program, you must conjecture on Federal regulations related to diversity in the workplace (e.g., ADA, EEOC).
How to Submit Your Assignment