Review the following lectures:
The project assignment provides a forum for analyzing and evaluating relevant topics for this week on the basis of the course competencies covered.
As an HR professional, you need to prepare expatriates for their assignments. Cross-cultural training will definitely benefit the group. However, you are not sure where to start and so you decide to explore Gert Hofstede’s Cultural Dimensions theories to gain a better understanding of the psychological and sociocultural adjustments an expatriate may experience when assigned to a position in another country.
- Develop a synopsis of Geert Hofstede.
- Examine several key facts that led to Hofstede’s research and the validity of his Cultural Dimensions theories.
- Evaluate one of Hofstede’s Cultural Dimensions theories.
- Analyze how the knowledge of the Cultural Dimensions theories will assist a new expatriate assigned to this country. Select a country to apply the theory.
To support your work, use your course and text readings and also use the South University Online Library. As in all assignments, cite all sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format.
- Create a 2- to 3-page document.
- Name your file as SU_HRM6000_W1_Project_LastName_FirstName.