Activity 5: Managing Work Force Diversity (100 points)
For this activity, you are the Training Director for Izzon. This company has recently lost a lawsuit for discrimination against a minority employee. Since there is no existing policy for diversity management within this company, it is your job to provide a design for this program. The program, in your own words, should include the following.
1. A definition of workforce diversity
2. What is involved in managing diversity
3. Three (3) reasons why workforce diversity is important for this company
4. Four (4) ways in which workforce diversity should be managed within this company
5. Ten (10) characteristics of successful workforce diversity efforts
6. Five (5) ways to measure the program
In addition, the material that you write should be substantiated and documented whenever applicable, with diversity data from the website for Texaco: www.texaco.com. Since Texaco recently faced a lawsuit for lack of proper diversity management, relevant information can be acquired from the current issues/diversity section of this company website.
Your Activity responses should be both grammatically and mechanically correct and formatted in the same fashion as the Activity itself. If there is a Part A, your response should identify a Part A, etc. In addition, you must appropriately cite all resources used in your response and document them in a bibliography using APA style. (100 points) (A 3-page response is required.)